As a siding company, we install brand new siding and transform homes every single day. We transform homes bringing them back to life and the residents that we work with are always thrilled with their decision. But, for some many homeowners out there, they simply don’t upgrade their siding even when they should.
Siding is an asset of your home that should not be overlooked. For some reason, homeowners forget about it and it carries more weight in terms of curb appeal over any other part of your home. So, being a homeowner, explore the following reasons that it’s time to upgrade the siding on your home.
1. Frequent Repainting: If your home is covered by cedar wood and needs to be frequently repainted, this can be a pain and a hit to your wallet. Paint on cedar siding should last anywhere from 5-10 years. If you’re finding that it needs to be painted at a far more frequent rate than this, it may be time to replace your siding.
2. Bubbling / Blistering Siding: If your siding isn’t of the highest quality, it can start to bubble or blister when getting exposed to high amounts of heat. If the bubbling and blistering are happening at a high rate around your home, it may be time to replace.
3. Interior Paint or Wallpaper Peeling: If the siding on your home is letting moisture in, then it’s pretty clear there is something wrong. One really easy way to tell this is if the paint or wallpaper inside your house starts to peel. If you ignore this, far more widespread issues can arise down the line.
4. Dry Rot: It’s not always visible to the naked eye, but take the back end of a screwdriver and tap different areas of your home’s siding. The top layer of the siding will be intact, you’ll be able to tell fairly quickly if the siding is in trouble.
5. Loose and cracked siding: Walk around your house and inspect the siding. If you’ve noticed your siding is coming off the wall or that cracks are popping up, that is certainly not good! If this is an isolated instance, you should be fine, but if it’s more widespread, you should consider a more long-term solution.
If you are considering new siding, be sure to get the opinion of an expert. Mario’s Roofing provides inspections and free estimates, so there is no reason not to ask for help.
If you live in the South Eastern Massachusetts area, be sure to ask Mario’s Roofing for help. We can be contacted over the phone at (781) 344-2420 or through our online contact form.