An important maintenance requirement for your windows is a regular cleaning. With the warm weather, spring, summer and fall is the perfect time to get out there and clean your windows. Clean windows can help limit any future repairs, delay the need for new windows and improves your overall quality of living. The only problem is if you don’t want to hire a professional to clean your windows, how do you clean them?
Cleaning the Outside of Your Windows:
The outside of your windows as you can imagine deal with a considerable more affects in comparison to the inside of windows.
- Start the process by hosing down your window with some water. After that, follow it up with some cool water that has a couple drops of dishwashing soap in it.
- From there you can use a soft microfiber cloth to scrub away any dirt you may find on the windows. Really stuck on stains may need to be treated and soaked with vinegar.
- After the manual cleaning is done, come back around with another hosing.
- Finally, come back around to dry your windows with a rubber squeegee working your way with downward strokes from the to towards the bottom.
- After each window is dried with the squeegee, use a lint free towel to wipe it clean.
Cleaning the Inside of Your Windows:
Get the outside of your windows done first then come and tackle the inside of your windows as they are far less tedious!
- Get a bucket of cool water and like drop a little bit of dishwashing soap in it just live when working outside.
- Place a towel below the window you are working on to catch the water as it drips down
- Take a sponge and work from the top down cleaning the window surface.
- For a more thorough clean, you can spray a water and vinegar solution on the window
- Finally, use a lint-free towel or newspaper to dry the windows by using a z shaped motion.
Proper window cleaning is important to keeping your windows beautiful! If your windows are old and are causing drafts, you may need to take additional steps for repairs or replacements. Mario’s Roofing works with major window manufacturers, and can help you with new windows.
For more information about whether you think you need new windows or not, please feel free to reach out. Our team can be contacted over the phone at 781-344-2420 or through our online contact form.